Removing Front Door Window (2000+ MPV)
Date: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:07 pm
If you ever need to remove the front door window on your 2000+ MPV here are the instructions to follow:
- Lower or raise the front door glass so that the distance from the top of the front door glass at the rear end to the upper part of the front beltline molding is 185 mm.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the front door trim
- Remove the inner door handle by just disconnecting the two steel cables (rotate the handle 90° before disconnecting)
- Remove the trim bracket in front of the door screen.
- Remove the screen
- Remove the glass installation bolts
- Slant the door glass as shown, and remove the front door glasss from the inside of the front door
So, after you removed the front door trim as outlined here your door will look like this:
Note the black thick tar-like substance holding the door screen to the body. It is really sticky and stretch, so you don't want to mess with it, or it will mess your door.
I used a screwdriver to help separate the screen from the body and put the goo back onto the door without it stretching too much.
Pull the door lock and window harnesses and connectors through a cut in the door screen covered with the foam pad. Same goes to the steel cables connecting the inner door handle to the door lock.
Once the screen is removed, you will see the two mounting bolts that attach the glass to the window regulator. I bet the following image explains why you need to lower (raise) the glass before disassembling the door. Otherwise you will have hard time reaching those bolts:
Here is a close-up of the bolts:
Once you remove the bolts, extract the glass by tilting it forward and pulling it out to the inside of the door:
Install in the reverse order.